Global Adjustment Beater
The Global Adjustment Beater is Bruce Power Direct’s attempt to help you manage the complexity of the Global Adjustment. This product is perfect for customers for whom budget certainty is more important than hedging risk. The Global Adjustment Beater is a hedge on the combined costs of HOEP and Global Adjustment.
One fixed price for all your consumption.
2010 Global Adjustment Hedge Example
- The Global Adjustment Beater eliminates the volatility in your electricity costs
- Annual products allow you to lock in yearly budgets
Long Term Trend of the Combined Costs of GA + HOEP
- Long term, the combined costs of Global Adjustment and HOEP are on the rise
- Lock in now to manage how the increase will affect your costs
I like paying my bills through my LDC. What are my other options?
We have done a lot of math to answer this question. The simple answer – purchase a peak structured block product. When you do this, you can choose whether to settle yours bills with your LDC or directly with us. You get many of the benefits of the Global Adjustment Beater and you can pay for a peak structured block through your local utility. Ask to see our math on the peak structured block, we would be happy to show you.
I’m looking for a longer term product. Why don’t you offer a three year product?
Good question. As Bruce Power Direct grows its customer base this is something we will be looking at. An alternative is to purchase a three year peak structured block. By purchasing a structured block product you get many of the benefits of the Global Adjustment Beater. Ask to see our math, we’d be happy to show you.
What is this Global Adjustment thing I keep hearing about?
The Global Adjustment is the mechanism used to pay for the costs of running generation and OPA programs that are not covered by market revenues. The three main contributors to the Global Adjustments are:
- The regulated rate paid to OPG’s baseload generating stations
- The cost of OPA contracted generation
- The costs of OPA administered programs, including demand response and conservation initiatives.
For more information about Bruce Power Direct please call:
To contact the Bruce Power Direct lead: