Bruce Power Environmental Policy
Bruce Power recognizes the importance of its natural surroundings and understands the role it can play in committing to sound environmental management by monitoring its day-to-day work activities, products and services.
Our Environmental Policy and Environmental Management System provide the framework to achieve our goals of compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations, prevention of pollution and reduction of waste and improvement in environmental performance.
Bruce Power is committed to:
- complying with relevant legislation, regulations, and other requirements where commitments have been made;
- adopting applicable best industry standards and requirements of ISO 14001 as a framework for achieving continual improvement and sustainable performance excellence;
- minimizing our environmental impact and prevention of pollution by minimizing emissions, preventing spills, reducing waste, and reusing or recycling our resources;
- integrating environmental safety into our nuclear safety culture to promote and ingrain a sense of environmental responsibility;
- conducting open and transparent discussions with stakeholders on environmental performance;
- demonstrating leadership in promoting initiatives that encourage environmental stewardship and awareness at work, at schools and in the community.
To download a PDF version, click here.