Read our Bruce Power Indigenous Policy
Bruce Power is committed to having a positive relationship with Indigenous groups and communities. We will achieve this through living our values, which will condition every decision and action we take.
Bruce Power understands that our primary base of operation lies within the traditional territories of particular Indigenous groups and communities. Therefore we:
- Work to build and maintain a positive, long term relationship with local Indigenous groups or communities that is based on mutual understanding, respect and open and honest communication.
- Develop strategies in several key areas including employment, business development, education, training and community sponsorship that appropriately reflect the interests of Indigenous peoples.
- Enter into appropriate ‘Relationship/Protocol Agreements’ with local Indigenous groups and communities who wish to be informed and involved with the key areas of our business.
- Conduct timely and meaningful consultation with Indigenous groups and communities whose Treaty or Indigenous rights may be directly affected by elements of our operations.
- Enhance our employees understanding of Indigenous history and culture and the role Indigenous groups and communities play in Canada and in our communities.
- Identify opportunities to increase our knowledge of the local environment and ways we can work together with Indigenous groups or communities to preserve or enhance that environment for all to enjoy.