In 2015, Bruce Power launched two new Indigenous Scholarship Programs to assist post-secondary students as they further their studies.
The Indigenous Scholarship for Post-secondary Education Beyond First Year
To 2019, Bruce Power will award $2,000 to 10 students from our local Indigenous communities of Saugeen and Nawash First Nations, Historic Saugeen Métis and Region 7 of the Métis Nation of Ontario.
– provide proof of membership to one of the above Indigenous communities/groups
– have completed their first year of post-secondary education or first year of a skilled trade
– provide proof of registration in an accredited post-secondary program for fall courses or written confirmation of proof to show continuation in an apprenticeship in a skilled trade
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply by email at email@example.com and must submit their application in the form of a letter with the following questions answered in 500 words or less:
- Why are you taking your selected program in school?
- How do you see this program furthering your life plans?
Please include your email address, phone number and full mailing address.
Applications for 2016 scholarships are now closed. Check back for information on the 2017 program.
Youth Indigenous Scholarship Fund in support of Rt. Hon. Paul Martin
In recognition of the former Prime Minister’s contribution to the betterment of Indigenous youth, Bruce Power will provide $1,000 scholarships to two Indigenous students at each of Saugeen District Secondary, Peninsula Shores District and St. Mary’s High Schools for the next three years.
Teachers from each school will choose the worthy recipients on Bruce Power’s behalf.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Christine John, Community Investment and Sponsorship, at 519-361-2673 x16745.