In 2015, Bruce Power launched two new Indigenous Scholarship Programs to assist post-secondary students as they further their studies.
The Indigenous Scholarship for Post-secondary Education Beyond First Year
To 2019, Bruce Power will award $2,000 to 10 students from our local Indigenous communities of Saugeen and Nawash First Nations, Historic Saugeen Métis and Region 7 of the Métis Nation of Ontario.
The Indigenous Scholarship program is designed for students continuing education beyond their first year.
- provide proof of membership to one of the above Indigenous communities/groups
- have completed their first year of post-secondary education or first year of a skilled trade , and are returning in the fall
- provide proof of registration in an accredited post-secondary program for fall courses or written confirmation of proof to show continuation in an apprenticeship in a skilled trade
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply by email at email@example.com and must submit their application in the form of a letter with the following questions answered in 500 words or less:
- Why are you taking the program you’ve enrolled in?
- How do you envision this post-secondary education furthering your life plans?
Please include your email address, phone number and full mailing address.
Past recipients that are re-applying this year must also answer the following in an additional 250 words:
- How did you use your past scholarship money?
- What have you achieved/how have you improved since you last applied?
Applications open March 16, 2018.
Application deadline is April 30, at 11:59 p.m.
Youth Indigenous Scholarship Fund in support of Rt. Hon. Paul Martin
In recognition of the former Prime Minister’s contribution to the betterment of Indigenous youth, Bruce Power will provide $1,000 scholarships to two Indigenous students at each of Saugeen District Secondary, Peninsula Shores District and St. Mary’s High Schools in 2018.
Teachers from each school will choose the worthy recipients on Bruce Power’s behalf.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Christine John at 519-361-2673 x16745.