Bruce Power and its suppliers operate under a set of guiding principles, which include:
- Work shall be sourced competitively to ensure that best value is realized.
- Preference will be given to selection of Suppliers who generate local jobs and economic benefit in Ontario, and where possible, in close geographic proximity to the Site (Bruce, Grey and Huron counties).
- Safety, quality, cost and schedule performance (on time and on budget) will be key determinants in the selection of suppliers.
- Supplier capacity will be strongly considered prior to awarding additional work to existing suppliers.
- Enterprise Demand Spend Forecasting shall be utilized to develop and prioritize commercial opportunities resulting in larger and longer-term opportunities via strategic supplier relationships.
- Commercial models that provide cost certainty, that minimize, share and transfer risk and that provide transparency shall be preferred.
- Where common suppliers or work programs exist, collaboration with Ontario Power Generation will be sought.
- All Master Services and Purchase Agreements shall contain objective performance measures tied to fees at risk and incentives.