Bruce Power has been monitoring developments around the COVID-19 pandemic and the response from health agencies in Canada and worldwide. We are continuing to conduct our daily operations to safely provide Ontario’s residents and businesses with a reliable source of electricity.
The safety of our plants, our employees and our communities is our number one priority and we have taken a number of proactive measures including:
- We created a response team earlier this week to develop plans to guide the company, our employees and everyone working on Bruce Power premises through the COVID-19 outbreak
- We are communicating frequently with our employees with the latest developments on COVID-19 and the steps they need to take if they or a family member think they may have the virus.
- We have also increased communications with our workers to provide guidance for travel, social distancing, self-isolation and encouraging electronic meetings where possible
- As announced earlier, we have temporarily closed the Bruce Power Visitors’ Centre and are cancelling the March Break Program at the centre.
- While employees in our Toronto office have been asked to work from home, all other employees are reporting to work as normal until further notice.
- Hand-sanitizer stations have been installed throughout our facilities and more frequent cleaning of common touch surfaces has been implemented across site for items such as: turnstiles, doorways, monitors and time clocks.
- Access to the Bruce Power site and offsite building locations have been restricted to essential visitors only and we have implemented access restriction to the Main Control Rooms at Bruce A and Bruce B to increase social distancing and interactions with control room staff.
We will continue to take the necessary measures to make everyone visiting our premises safe and healthy.
About Bruce Power
Formed in 2001, Bruce Power is an electricity company based in Bruce County, Ontario. We are powered by our people. Our 4,200 employees are the foundation of our accomplishments and are proud of the role they play in safely delivering clean, reliable, low-cost nuclear power to families and businesses across the province. Bruce Power has worked hard to build strong roots in Ontario and is committed to protecting the environment and supporting the communities in which we live. Learn more at www.brucepower.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.