Come one, come all to the 16th annual Bruce Power Block Party!
Every summer, Bruce Power thanks its surrounding communities for their ongoing support of our operations by holding a family-friendly celebration.
Alternating between Kincardine and Port Elgin each year, this year’s festivities will take place at Kincardine’s Davidson Centre on Saturday, July 20, from 11 a.m.- 6 p.m., with fireworks at dusk at the Kincardine Harbour.
Highlights include free public swimming from noon-1 p.m., 2-3 p.m. and 4-5 p.m., with space limited based on pool capacity.
Free shows by the Zacada Circus will be held at 11:30 a.m., and 1:30 and 3:30 p.m., while the free midway will run for the duration of the event, from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
There will also be face painting, carnival food and more, in lead-up to one of the area’s premiere fireworks displays, at dusk at the Kincardine Harbour.
There will be no parking available at the Davidson Centre, so shuttle buses will be running constantly. The five parking locations in Kincardine are:
- Bruce Power’s MCR Training Facility, 380 Gary St.
- Huron Heights Public School, at 785 Russell St.
- Bruce Power’s Training Centre, at 705 Princes St.
- Kincardine District Secondary School, 885 River Lane (corner of Durham Street)
- Kincardine Curling Club, 277 Penetangore Row