As part of our upcoming licence renewal process, Bruce Power has released a book today for members of the public who are interested in the upcoming 2018 Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission hearings.
The 2018 Licence Renewal Briefing provides an overview of Bruce Power and facilitates public engagement in the upcoming hearings. In 2018, the CNSC will hold a two-part public hearing on the application by Bruce Power to renew, for a period of 10 years, its power reactor operating licence for the Bruce A and B.
The current licence authorizes Bruce Power to generate electricity from its eight reactors units and produce Cobalt-60 from the four units housed in Bruce B.
This is just one way Bruce Power is engaging the public in its licence renewal process. In-person engagement sessions, webinars and a Facebook group are other ways Bruce Power is involving the community in this process.
In-person engagement sessions are happening in the upcoming months as follows. No registration is required:
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, 6-8 p.m., Bruce Power Visitors’ Centre
- Thursday, Oct. 5 6-8 p.m., Kincardine Davidson Centre
- Tuesday, Nov. 2, 6-8 p.m., Port Elgin Legion
Upcoming webinars are happening on:
- Tuesday, September 26, 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Register here)
- October 27, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Registration coming soon
- November 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Registration coming soon
As well, members of the public are invited to join our Facebook group where we’ll be posting information about Bruce Power, as well as the latest news on our relicencing journey.