In celebration of its 10th anniversary, Bruce Power will award 200 scholarships to students attending post-secondary school this fall.
“We owe a great debt of gratitude to the residents of our community who have offered us so much support over the past ten years,” said Duncan Hawthorne, Bruce Power’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “As we look forward to our next decade we thought it was appropriate to make an investment in the future of young people in our communities.”
Named, Bruce Power 10th Anniversary Scholarship Program, students will have the opportunity to apply by e-mail starting July 22, thru to Aug. 12. Applicants will be required to complete the following:
- 300-500 word paper on why Bruce Power is important toOntario
- Submission of an idea for a new Bruce Power tag line and state why it’s relevant
- Proof of entering or returning to a post-secondary institution.
- Statement of career goals
Completed submissions can be emailed to email@example.com and successful candidates will be awarded on Aug. 25, the following:
- $1,000 Scholarships – 25 recipients
- $500 Scholarships – 75 recipients
- $250 Scholarships – 100 recipients
More information on Bruce Power’s scholarship program can be found on our website under ‘careers’ at: www.brucepower.com/careers/scholarships
About Bruce Power
Bruce Power is a partnership among Cameco Corporation, TransCanada Corporation, BPC Generation Infrastructure Trust, a trust established by the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System, the Power Workers’Union and The Society of Energy Professionals.
For further information, please contact:
John Peevers 519-361-6583 firstname.lastname@example.org
24-hour Duty Media Officer 519-361-6161