& Inclusion Policy
Together, we power the future. At Bruce Power, we are committed to a talented, diverse and respectful workforce where we celebrate differences and cultivate a culture of belonging; where everyone feels invited to contribute and participate so that we may benefit from the synergy of our people. We demonstrate this through:
- Utilizing and relying on our Excellence Model by collectively living our values and Bruce Power behaviours;
- Providing a safe, healthy and inclusive workplace for every person on our site by treating others with dignity and respect — it’s at the heart of everything we do;
- We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and other characteristics that make our employees unique;
- Listening and engaging with our diverse communities and valuing teamwork with our diverse suppliers and partners;
- Our commitment to attracting, developing and retaining the best talent through the engagement of our people. We remain focused on shifting the composition of our workforce and fully leveraging the potential of our people;
- Recognizing the importance of strengthening the diversity of our leadership and our overall workplace;
- Remaining committed to reviewing our talent programs, including promotions, succession and leadership development, to ensure we are creating equitable opportunities and experiences that are inclusive and lead to growth opportunities for our employees;
- Seeking diverse opinions, recognizing the value of diversity of thought and challenging the status quo. To achieve this, we provide educational opportunities for our employees on inclusive behaviours and the value of diversity while continuing to seek input to ensure our programs and practices reflect the values of our employees;
- Integrating inclusive leadership into our development programs to build the capacity of our leaders and hold each other accountable to our behaviours.
- The result will strengthen our leaders, elevate performance and ensure accountability for a respectful and inclusive work environment; Developing strong employee resource groups and effective communication, and sharing our progress, success and learnings along the journey;
- Exhibiting conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other company-sponsored and participative events;
- Our commitment to growing the capacity of the talent in our communities and attracting and retaining diverse talent to our area. This will further strengthen the economy and development in our region; and
- Recognizing our role in being a leader to support this transformation and utilizing our supplier relationships to drive diversity initiatives and support social development to promote inclusion for all.