Bruce Power and its suppliers operate under a set of guiding principles, which include:
- Competitively source work to ensure that best value is realized.
- Give preference to the selection of Suppliers who are Indigenous owned, impact the local Indigenous communities or generate local Indigenous jobs.
- Give preference to the selection of Suppliers who can demonstrate economic benefit in Ontario, and where possible, in close geographic proximity to the Site (Bruce, Grey and Huron counties).
- Select suppliers based on key determinants of safety, quality, cost and schedule performance (on time and on budget).
- Assess Supplier capacity prior to awarding additional work to existing suppliers.
- Utilize Enterprise Demand Spend Forecasting to develop and prioritize commercial opportunities resulting in larger and longer-term opportunities via strategic supplier relationships.
- Favour commercial models that provide cost certainty, that minimize, share and transfer risk and that provide transparency.
- Collaborate with Ontario Power Generation where common suppliers or work programs exist.
- Employ objective performance measures tied to fees at risk and incentives in all Master Services and Purchase Agreements.